At Acttiv we have been working for 20 years to make people’s holidays unforgettable with innovative leisure programmes in hotels and campsites. A mission that we achieve thanks to the talent of all those who form part of our teams, whom we train on an ongoing basis, offering them a career in the world of tourist entertainment. At Acttiv we take fun very seriously!
Why travel far in search of paradise when you can go to the Canary Islands? This archipelago has it all: eternal summer, fantastic beaches and an vast wealth in nature.
If you want to live and work in «the lucky islands», you are indeed in luck. Acttiv is looking for versatile, energetic and adventurous people to join our entertainment teams in Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote. But it’s not a job for everyone: you have to be an all-rounder, be adventurous with all kinds of activities and know the ins and outs of entertainment. Is this the case for you? Then this offer is for you!
As an all-round entertainer, you will be responsible for:
• Organising children’s games for all ages, from the mini-club (3 to 8 years old) to the maxi-club (9 to 12 years old) and even teens (from 12 years old).
• Implementing activities of the adult programme: sports, games such as bingo or a quiz, or handicraft workshops, among others.
• Dancing with the children at the mini-disco
• Participating in the nightly entertainment shows
• Being able to speak to an audience with a microphone in front of you.
• Liaising with guests and promoting the day’s activities
• Taking care of the equipment necessary for all activities
And breathe easy: you will be supported at all times by the entertainments manager, the team leader and the person in charge of guiding you in your tasks. This will ensure that the quality standards of both the hotel and Acttiv are met.
What are we asking for?
At Acttiv, we don’t ask for superpowers (although if you have them, they are welcome).
However, we would like you to have:
• Experience as an entertainer for at least one season
• A good level of Spanish and English (at least B2). French, German, Dutch… and any other language is a plus.
• Education: no specific qualification is required, but we value studies in entertainment, children’s education, sport or dance as an asset.
• Minimum availability of 6 months from your start date.
In addition to these requirements, you are the person we are looking for if:
• Your character is outgoing
• You have no shame
• You feel that you adapt well to new situations
• You like to work in a team
But hold your horses: you want to be an entertainer and have no experience? We’ll give you a hand! At Acttiv we offer you our own introductory courses in tourist entertainment. Please note that we don’t just prepare you for work: if you pass the course, Acttiv is committed to hiring you. Check them out!
What do we offer?
As an all-round entertainer at Acttiv, you will enjoy the following conditions:
• Accommodation: you can use the accommodation offered by the hotel or find your own accommodation. If you decide to use it, €160 net per month will be deducted from your salary to pay expenses.
• Meals included in the staff canteen
• 1,5-2 days off per week
• Acttiv Contract: permanent seasonal
• Mutual insurance for accidents at work and civil liability insurance (during working hours).
• Social security
• 30 (calendar) days’ holiday per year worked
• Help with registration in the Spanish contribution system.
However, that is not all. At Acttiv we want you to grow with us. To give you an idea, 65% of our staff have been entertainers in the past. Moreover, 79% of the entertainments managers who work with us in the Canary Islands have previously worked for Acttiv.
If you join our team, you will enjoy a top working environment, solid future prospects and extras such as:
• Continuous training in different subjects related to the world of tourist entertainment and the brand’s commitment to innovation.
• Support from the area coordinator and the HR team
• A huge library of activities at your disposal to inspire you
• The possibility of moving between destinations if you are looking to see different places.