At Acttiv we have been working for 20 years to make people’s holidays unforgettable with innovative leisure programmes in hotels and campsites. A mission that we achieve thanks to the talent of all those who form part of our teams, whom we train on an ongoing basis, offering them a career in the world of tourist entertainment. At Acttiv we take fun very seriously!
Are you lucky enough to wake up every day in paradise? Do you know the best beaches in Tenerife? Are you a specialist in tasting “papas arrugás con mojo”? If Tenerife is your home and the island crowned by the Teide holds no secrets for you, we have something to offer you!
At Acttiv we are looking for an all-rounder and dynamic person to join our team as an entertainer. Be aware that this is not a job for everyone: you have to be daring, know the tricks of entertainment by heart and leave your embarrassment at home.
As an entertainer at Acttiv, you will be responsible for:
• Organising children’s games for all ages, from the mini-club (3 to 8 years old) to the maxi-club (9 to 12 years old) and even teens (from 12 years old).
• Implementing activities of the adult programme: sports, games such as bingo or a quiz, or handicraft workshops, among others.
• Dancing with the children at the mini-disco
• Participating in the nightly entertainment shows
• Speaking to the public with a microphone in front of you
• Liaising with guests and promoting the day’s activities.
• Taking care of the equipment necessary for all activities
You will be supported at all times in your tasks by your colleagues, the entertainments manager and the area coordinator. They will guide and advise you so that your activities always meet the quality standards of both the hotel and Acttiv.
What are we asking for?
You don’t need to have defeated Thanos or Voldemort to be part of Acttiv. All we need is that you have:
• Experience as an entertainer for at least one season
• A good level of Spanish and English (at least B2). French, Portuguese, Dutch… and any other language is a plus.
• Residence in Tenerife
• Education: no specific qualification is required, but we value studies in entertainment, children’s education, sport or dance as an asset.
• A minimum availability of 6 months from your start date
In addition to these requirements, you will be the perfect candidate if:
• You are an all-rounder
• You exude energy
• You like to work in a team
• You are flexible and like new challenges
Hold your horses: you want to be an entertainer, but you don’t have the necessary experience? No problem! In this case, at Acttiv we train you to work with us through our introductory courses in tourist entertainment. And, if you pass the course, we are committed to hiring you.
What do we offer?
At Acttiv we want you to love us. That’s why we are looking for you to develop your career with us. If not, just ask our staff: 65% of the staff have been entertainers in the past, growing professionally within the company. In addition, 79% of all our entertainments managers in the Canary Islands have previously been Acttiv entertainers.
To this end, if you join our team, we offer you:
• Solid career development and a top-notch working environment
• Continuous training in different subjects related to the world of tourist entertainment and the brand’s commitment to innovation.
• Support from the area coordinator and the HR team
• A huge library of activities at your disposal to inspire you
• The possibility of moving between destinations if you are looking to see different places.
In addition, as an entertainer you will enjoy the following conditions:
• Meals included in the staff canteen
• 1,5-2 days off per week
• Acttiv Contract: Permanent seasonal
• Mutual insurance for accidents at work and civil liability insurance (during working hours).
• Social Security
• 30 (calendar) days’ holiday per year worked