At Acttiv we have been working for 20 years to make people’s holidays unforgettable with innovative leisure programmes in hotels and campsites. A mission that we achieve thanks to the talent of all those who form part of our teams, whom we train on an ongoing basis, offering them a career in the world of tourist entertainment. At Acttiv we take fun very seriously!
About Barceló Hotel Group
Barceló Hotel Group is the third largest hotel chain in Spain. It has more than 250 4- and 5-star city and resort hotels in 22 countries. In Spain alone, it has 90 hotels in such privileged destinations as the Canary Islands, the Balearic Islands, the Valencian Community and the Andalusian coast, among others.
Pay attention! If you know all the tricks of the trade, know how to combine good vibes with organization, and are born to lead teams, this position is for you!
At Acttiv, we want to incorporate several entertainment managers for our teams in the Andalusia. As the person in charge, you will be responsible for managing the hotel’s entertainers, taking on the main organizational tasks, and working alongside your area coordinator to meet the quality standards of the Barceló group and Acttiv.
You will be responsible for:
• Launching the programme of daytime and evening activities.
• Organising the schedules of the entertainers (up to 10 entertainers)
• Reporting information on entertainment activities to Acttiv.
• Being aware of the needs of your team’s entertainers.
• Attending and receiving training provided by the company.
• Participating in meetings with other entertainment leaders in your area.
• Training and evaluating your team
But wait! This is not an office job. In addition to the more administrative tasks, you will also take part in the different activities and shows, interacting with guests from all over the world.
What are we asking for?
• At least two season’s experience as head of entertainment
• Languages: good level of Spanish and English essential. Any other language is always welcome
• Valued education (but not essential): studies related to tourist entertainment or tourism.
• Use of Office tools such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
• Availability: minimum till November 2024
You will also be the perfect candidate if:
• You are a dynamic and creative person
• You stand out for your organizational skills
• You can face any challenge
• You have leadership skills
• You want to innovate and are committed to continuous improvement.
What do we offer?
At Acttiv we want you to love us. Not only do we offer you a top working environment in the best locations, but we also want you to grow within our company. To give you an idea, 65% of our staff have been entertainers in the past.
That’s why, if you join our team, you will enjoy:
• Strong future prospects within the company
• A work environment full of good vibes
• Continuous training in different subjects related to the world of tourist entertainment and the brand’s commitment to innovation.
• Support from the area coordinator and the HR team
• A huge library of activities at your disposal to inspire you
• The possibility of moving between destinations if you are looking to see different places.
In addition, for the position of entertainments manager, you will have the following conditions:
• Accommodation: you can use the accommodation offered by the hotel or find your own accommodation. If you decide to use it, €160 per month will be deducted from your salary to pay expenses.
• Meals included in the staff canteen
• 2 days off per week
• Acttiv Contract: Permanent seasonal
• Mutual insurance for accidents at work and civil liability insurance (during working hours).
• Social Security
• 30 (calendar) days holiday per year worked
• Help with registration in the Spanish contribution system