At Acttiv we have been working for 20 years to make people’s holidays unforgettable with innovative leisure programmes in hotels and campsites. A mission that we achieve thanks to the talent of all those who form part of our teams, whom we train on an ongoing basis, offering them a career in the world of tourist entertainment. At Acttiv we take fun very seriously!
Come to paradise with us! If you want to swap the city for a land of constant summer, spectacular nature and enviable beaches, we have a place for you in the fantastic Canary Islands.
Acttiv is looking for a versatile, energetic and leadership-minded person to join our entertainment team a second chief. If organisation, coaching and large teams are your thing, we want to meet you!
As the second chief, you will be the support person in the daily organisation of the team and will work hand in hand with the head of entertainment.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Together with the head of entertainment, setting up the programme of daytime and evening activities.
· Organising the schedules of the entertainers in the absence of the entertainment leader (teams of 6-28 entertainers).
· Reporting information on entertainment activities to Acttiv.
· Meeting the quality standards of both the hotel and Acttiv.
· Being aware of the needs of your team’s entertainers.
· Attending and receiving training provided by the company.
· Training and evaluating your team together with the entertainment manager.
· Taking over the position of manager when they are absent, e.g. on holiday.
In addition, you will participate in the day-to-day activities and shows, demonstrating your skills as an entertainer. Ah! And be prepared to practise your language skills, as you will be interacting with guests from all over the world.
What are we asking for?
Joining Acttiv is very easy. All we need you to have is:
• Previous experience of at least three seasons as an entertainer
• An excellent level of Spanish and English. Any other language is always welcome
• Valued education (but not essential): studies related to tourist entertainment or tourism.
• Experience with Office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Availability of at least 6 months from your start date.
This position is also perfect for you if you:
• Are dynamic and creative
• Have very good organisational skills
• Are resolute
• Have leadership skills
• Are eager to innovate and improve
What do we offer?
As the second chief of entertainment, you will enjoy the following conditions:
• Accommodation: you can use the accommodation offered by the hotel or find your own accommodation. If you decide to use it, €160 net per month will be deducted from your salary to pay expenses.
• Meals included in the staff canteen
• 1,5-2 days off per week
• Acttiv Contract: Permanent seasonal
• Mutual insurance for accidents at work and civil liability insurance (during working hours).
• Social Security
• 30 (calendar) days holiday per year worked
• Help with registration in the Spanish contribution system.
And wait, there’s more: did you know that 65% of our staff have been entertainers? This is because at Acttiv we are committed to you developing your professional career with us.
So, in addition to a working environment full of good vibes, we offer you:
• A future career path within the company in order to grow professionally.
• Continuous training in different subjects related to the world of tourist entertainment and the brand’s commitment to innovation.
• Support from the area coordinator and the HR team
• A huge library of activities at your disposal to inspire you
• The possibility of moving between destinations if you want to get to know Spain in depth.