At Acttiv we care about people. We are committed to creating talented teams that we train on an ongoing basis to put into practice innovative, surprising and quality leisure programmes in hotels and campsites. We have a common goal: to provide guests with a holiday full of incredible experiences. At Acttiv we take fun very seriously!
If there is a destination for all tastes, Catalonia is it. This community is much more than its cosmopolitan capital: from its beaches on the Costa Brava to its ski resorts and its modernist architecture, this area fascinates even the most demanding visitors.
It is for this all-rounder community that Acttiv is looking for a person in charge of running our entire entertainments programme. An entertainments superhero! If you are a versatile person, know all the tricks of tourist entertainment and want to explore the Catalan countryside, this position is for you!
Your responsibilities will be:
• Launching the programme of daytime and evening activities.
• Organising children’s games for all ages, from the mini-club (3 to 8 years old) to the maxi-club (9 to 12 years old) and even teens (from 12 years old).
• Leading activities in the adult programme: sports, games such as bingo or quiz, or craft workshops, among others.
• Dancing with the children at the mini-disco
• Liaising with guests and promoting the day’s activities.
• Taking care of the equipment necessary for all activities
• Reporting information on entertainment activities to Acttiv.
• Attending and receiving training provided by the company.
• Participating in meetings with other entertainment leaders in your area.
As a solo entertainer, you will be responsible for all the entertainment at your hotel. But don’t panic! You will work closely with your area coordinator and will be supported at all times by our Human Resources team. They will guide and advise you to meet the quality standards of both the hotel and Acttiv.
What are we asking for?
We’re not going to ask you for fifteen pages of CVs and two thousand years of experience. All we need you to have is:
• Previous experience of at least one season as an entertainments manager or two seasons as an entertainer.
• An excellent level of Spanish and English. Any other language is always welcome
• Valued education (but not essential): studies related to tourist entertainment or tourism.
• Use of Office tools such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
• Availability of at least from March – October 2024.
And this position will suit you just fine if you:
• Are a dynamic and creative person
• Are very well organised and know how to solve any challenge.
• Know no shame
• Want to innovate and improve
What do we offer?
At Acttiv we don’t just offer a fun job and a top working environment. We want you to develop your career in entertainment with us. We care so much that 65% of our staff have been entertainers in the past, and are committed to continue growing within our company.
But in addition to a solid future career path (and good vibes), if you join our team, you will benefit from:
• Continuous training in different subjects related to the world of tourist entertainment and the brand’s commitment to innovation.
• Support from the area coordinator and the HR team
• A huge library of activities at your disposal to inspire you
• The possibility of moving between destinations if you want to get to know Spain in depth.
As for the position of a solo entertainer, you will also benefit from the following conditions:
• Accommodation: you can use the accommodation offered by the hotel or find your own accommodation. If you decide to use it, €160 per month will be deducted from your salary to pay expenses.
• Meals included in the staff canteen
• 1,5-2 days off per week
• Acttiv Contract: Permanent seasonal
• Mutual insurance for accidents at work and civil liability insurance (during working hours).
• Social Security
• 30 (calendar) days holiday per year worked
• Help with registration in the Spanish contribution system.