A tourist entertainer is the professional in charge of planning and implementing the leisure and entertainment activities of hotels and tourist establishments of all kinds. Entertainment makes for fun and memorable experiences for holidaymakers.
Being a tourist entertainer is perfect for young people looking for their first job opportunity or who want to find temporary work. This job is usually seasonal; it allows you to be independent and to have an unforgettable experience away from home. You have the security that comes from having a job that guarantees you food and accommodation, a salary, health insurance and all employment protections.
What training or skills do you need to be a tourist entertainer?
As a tourist entertainer you will be in constant contact with holidaymakers and with your colleagues. You should therefore be an outgoing and dynamic person, and you’ll enjoy your work much more.
Regarding your skills, foreign languages are essential: holidaymakers come from many places and speak different languages. As an entertainer, you should be able to communicate with them.
In addition to foreign languages, there are different specialist entertainer profiles that require specific training:
- Babyclub entertainer: entertainers with this profile are in charge of taking care of babies and toddlers up to 3 years old. For these job posts, it is essential that you have a degree related to Early Childhood Education.
- Fitness entertainer: Sports activities, such as Aquagym, or toning classes, are the favourites of many holidaymakers. If you want to be a fitness instructor for tourist establishments, you will need to be certified or accredited in some related activity.
- Wellness entertainer: Many tourists are inspired to participate for the first time in yoga, pilates or tai-chi classes during their holidays. Do you want to be their instructor? You must have training related to Wellness for this.
- DJ Entertainer: The success of evening shows tends to fall on the shoulders of the DJ entertainer. You must be a DJ or sound technician, or have studies related to these professions.
- Reporter entertainer: the tourist establishment generates its own news, and the reporter entertainer documents everything that happens there. If you have training in video-editing, photography or marketing, you can apply for these positions!
- Dancer Entertainer: the dancer entertainer organises activities related to dance, or stars in one of the evening shows. Training in dance (contemporary, modern or urban) will be very useful to you if you apply for this post.
If you have completed studies related to any of these specialties, send us your CV! Your profile is perfect for working in tourist entertainment.
Reasons to be an entertainer
- Have the adventure of safe travel
Be independent and have an experience away from home with the security of a job that includes food and accommodation, a salary, health insurance and all employment protections.
- Practise speaking foreign languages in an international environment
More than a cultural exchange. Live and work with young people like yourself, from all over the European Union. Also, the holidaymakers who stay at the hotels and campsites are international and you will have contact with them on a daily basis.
- Turn your hobbies into your job
Do what you enjoy: practise sports, play games, dance, and meet tourists from all over the world. In addition, if your studies are in Early Childhood Education, Physical Activity and Sports, or Tourism, you will be able to put into practice everything you have learned and see up close what your day-to-day work consists of.
- Discover that you have no limits
No one becomes an entertainer for the first time knowing everything. You will gain confidence in yourself, you will learn to work in a team, and to be decisive. You will realise that you are capable of doing things that you would never have imagined.